To help ensure that the emails you want to receive actually arrive in your inbox; you may need to make changes to your email account settings. Below are instructions for several of the major Internet Service Providers (ISPs) on how to ‘whitelist’ our email account.
If you are signed up for news or notifications from more than one location in your district, you will need to apply this white-listing process to each school’s account. Alternatively, you can try whitelisting ezcommunicator.com, which will cover email from any location in your district. If you have questions about whitelisting with your ISP, please contact their support organization directly.
First, adjust your AOL Spam and email filter settings by:
- Sign in to your AOL mail account and, once in, click the “Settings” tab.
- Click “Spam Controls” from the left menu.
- Select “Off” if you would like all email delivered to your inbox
- Select “Low” if you would like email identified as Spam to be delivered to your Spam Folder (if you choose “Low” and you are not receiving emails from the sender, then check your Spam folder)
- Click the “Control from Whom I get Email” button under “Additional Spam Filters”
- Select “Allow mail from all senders” and click “Save”
There are different ways to white-list in AOL, depending on what version you are using.
AOL Version 9.0: Add our email address to your “People I Know” list by:
- Opening an email from us, and then click the “Add Address” button (over on the right) to add us to your “People I Know” list.
- Also, every time you send an email from your AOL account, it automatically adds the recipient’s address to your “People I Know” list. So just send our email address a quick email to say hi.
If you are using an earlier version of AOL, you must set your Mail Controls by:
- In Keyword Mail Controls, select the screen name our email messages are being sent to (if you have multiple screen names in your AOL account)
- Click “Customize Mail Controls For This Screen Name” and follow the instructions below…
AOL version 8.0:
- Select “Allow email from all AOL members, email addresses and domains”
- Click “Next” until the “Save” button shows up at the bottom, and then click “Save”
AOL version 6.0:
- In the section for “exclusion and inclusion parameters”, include the domain ezcommunicator.com as the “From” address (the part after the “@” (the at sign).
If you use AT&T email, then Spam Blocker is being used to automatically delete suspected unsolicited email messages from reaching your mailbox. Change this by:
- In your mail configuration options, select “Hold for Review” option.
- Check a folder in your webmail called “Screened Mail Folder.” This may not guarantee you will receive our emails in your inbox
Whitelist an email that has arrived in your Inbox by:
- Opening the email message
- Click on “Save Address” link next to “From Address”
- Check “Add to Contacts” and click “Save”.
If Spam Blocker is enabled and if the email message is legitimate and was screened as spam, take action by forwarding the original message as an attachment in a clean email to: email@example.com.
If you are a BellSouth user, MailGuard is your spam filter. Unless you tell it to do otherwise, it will automatically delete all email it identifies as spam. To whitelist a sender, change your MailGuard setting by:
- In your BellSouth mail account, click on “MailGuard Options” in the column on the left.
- Select the “Review for 7 days” option, listed under “ON.” This will hold emails marked as spam for seven days. Check this folder to make sure no legitimate email ends up here.
- If our email ends up in your Review folder, forward the message (with full headers) to firstname.lastname@example.org to have us white-listed.
If you use Comcast email, check to see if you have any of your email restriction settings turned on, as they may be blocking our email from reaching you. Check this, and then white-list us by:
- Signing in to Comcast Webmail, and select ‘Preferences’ from the left menu
- Select ‘Restrict Incoming Email’ from the ‘Preferences’ list
- Select ‘Yes’ to Enable Email Controls
- Select ‘Allow email from addresses listed below’
- Enter our email address, and click “Add”
If you are using Cox email and have activated Spam Blocker, start by checking to see if it is configured to “Delete Incoming Junk email.” If so, stop this by going to “Member Services” and select the “Label Junk email as Spam” option. Do this by:
- Logging to your Cox Webmail account
- Click the “Settings” button on the top menu bar
- Click “Spam Blocker Settings”
- Click “Tag Junk Email with –SPAM- in the subject line and deliver to your inbox”
- Click “OK”
With this change, all email will now be delivered to your inbox instead of being deleted before you see it. The word “Spam” will be added to the subject line of the email that Cox.net thinks might be Spam.
You can stop this and allow our email to always come through by:
Forwarding the message with “spam” in the subject line to Cox at
To whitelist our email address in Earthlink, add our email address to your Address Book by:
- Clicking on “Address Book” – located on the left, below your Folders.
- Once the Address Book opens, click the “Add” button.
- On the Add Contact screen, find the Internet Information box.
- Enter our email address in the box.
- Click “Save.”
To whitelist our email address in Gmail, add our email address to your Contacts List by:
- Click on the Mail drop down menu below the Google logo in the upper left corner and choosing ‘Contacts’
- Choose Add To My Contacts and typing our email address in the available text field and save
- If you do not know what email address then on your Inbox page navigate to your SPAM folder and search for ‘ezcommunicator.com’. Any messages from our email servers that went to spam should show up.
- Select the message and choose the option ‘Not Spam’, which will move the message back to your inbox
- Return to your inbox, open the message from ezcommunicator.com and on the available options under the MORE… menu choose, ‘Add to My Contacts’
There are two ways to whitelist using Hotmail.
- Add our email address to your Safe List by:
- Clicking the “Mail” tab to open your mailbox.
- Click “Options” – located at the top right, next to Help.
- Click the “Junk email Protection” link.
- Select “Safe List.”
- In the space provided, enter our email address, and click “Add.”
- As soon as you see our email address in the Safe List box, click “OK.”
- Add our email address to your Contacts list by:
- Opening an email you received from us.
- Click the “Save Address” button, located on the right in the line of options just above the email.
- Click “OK.”
If you are running MSN v9, you can make sure messages reach your Inbox by adding our email address to your Safe List by:
- Clicking on “Settings: email | Junk email” located at the bottom left of the screen, just above “Calendar.”
- On the email settings screen, click Junk email Guard.
- Select “Safe List.”
- In the space provided under “Add people to the safe list”,
- type in our email address.
- Click “Add.”
For earlier versions of MSN, add our email address to your Safe List by:
- Clicking on “email settings” – located at the bottom left of the screen, just above “Calendar.”
- On the email settings screen, click “Junk Mail.”
- Select “Safe List.”
- Click “Add an Item” to this list.
- Once the “Add To Safe List” box appears, enter our email address, into the space provided.
- Click “Add.”
If you have Verizon email, add our email address to your Safe List by:
- In your Inbox, click “Options”
- Select the “Block Senders”, a tab near the top of the screen.
- On the “Block Senders” screen, there is both a “Block Sender List” and a “Safe List”. In the space where it says, “Enter email address or sub domain to always accept even if the domain is blocked”, enter our email address
- Click “OK”
If you use USA.net for your email, login to your email account and click on Services in the left-hand navigation bar. You can whitelist there.
To configure your personal whitelist filters, please follow these steps:
Determine what you would like to do with the messages that match one of your filters. This generally fits into two categories, Override or Exclusive.
- “Override” allows you to override your spam filters, including system spam filtering, and is handy when you have mail that is occasionally incorrectly marked as spam by the system spam filters.
- “Exclusive” allows you to limit the mail you receive to only those messages that match your whitelist; all other mail messages will either be considered Junk Mail or automatically deleted. If you choose Exclusive, you will need to specify whether to keep the mail as Junk Mail or to delete the mail. (NOTE: if you choose to delete all mail that does not match your whitelist, this mail cannot be recovered later.)
To whitelist us so our emails reach your Yahoo Inbox (instead of your Bulk Mail folder), you can have Yahoo! automatically move messages to your Inbox by:
- In your Yahoo! mailbox, click “Options >> Mail Options” (to the right).
- Next, click “Filters” and then “Add Filter.”
- In the top row, labeled “From header,” make sure the word “Contains” is selected in the pull down menu.
- Place your cursor in the text box next to the pull-down menu, and then enter our email address.
- Below, where it says “Move the message to:” select “Inbox” from the pull down menu.
- Click the “Add Filter” button again
SPAM BLOCKER APPLICATIONS
If you use a spam blocker application on your local computer you may need to adjust the settings to allow delivery of our email. Below are a few applications and how to adjust them to ensure our emails get to your inbox.
When using Cloudmark’s SpamNet filter, add our email address to your whitelist by:
- In Outlook, on the Cloudmark SpamNet toolbar, click “Options”, then “Advanced”
- Select the “Whitelist” tab and then clicking the “Add” button
- Enter our email address and click “OK”
- Click OK again, then Yes, then OK one last time (make sure you take all these steps or your changes will NOT be saved.)
When using McAfee’s Spamkiller, whitelist our email by adding our email address to your list of Friends by:
- On the Spamkiller sidebar, click “Friends” and then click “Add”
- Enter our email address and click the OK button.
If you are using the Norton AntiSpam utility, whitelist our email address by:
- In Norton AntiSpam, click the Status & Settings tab
- Click “AntiSpam,” then “Configure”
- Click the “Allowed List” tab and then the “Add” button
- Enter our email address in the “Email Address” box
- Click “OK” and then “OK” again (be sure to click “OK” both times or the changes will not be saved.